I have been interning for ESPN 850 WKNR for more than a year now. During that stay I have had some of the best and worst experiences in a work place. They have helped me mature and also built my resume to a great length. WKNR has given me the knowledge to succeed and has connected me with many professional people.
Now that I have gotten my "kind words" in, I can rant. As I said I love being an intern at 850. Yet, I feel that the word "intern" is not politically correct for my job title. Just as Chief Wahoo is offensive to Native Americans, I feel the word intern really puts down the other people in my position. The following is a list of "titles" that I should have other than just "intern":
- Unofficial Blue Jackets Beat Reporter
- Erie News Stand Merchant (Erie News Stand is the convenient store located right next to the station where most employees buy drinks from. Correction. Have interns buy drinks for them from)
- Phone Answering Administrator
- Cardboard Box Transportation Driver (Trust me, there is a story that will be blogged later)
- Ashland Relations Specialist (I currently attend Ashland University)
- Official giver of sports opinions that are not listened too
- Nonprofit Account Executive
- Official guy smiling and clapping at remotes to appear happy
- Grunt Work Coordinator
- Aaron Goldhammer's Ego Booster
Nearly everyday I will post and tell the latest happenings around the WKNR office. The show behind the show if you prefer that. Subscribe!

lol
ReplyDeletehaha nice
ReplyDelete